The Ride Leader Award is perfect for people who want to lead groups of riders out on the road or cycle paths. Whether you are a club rider who wants to begin to lead rides on a Sunday morning, school teacher or youth worker, this course will develop your skills and knowledge to enable you to safely lead rides on roads and cycle paths up to 50 miles in length.
The course covers preparing for a ride, group management, risk management, route planning and British Cycling’s good practice guidelines.
Our team of tutors and coaches are experts in their fields and have a wealth of knowledge and experience meaning that you will get expert tuition, coaching and guidance throughout your time with us.
What does the course include?
The course blends online learning with an assessed one-day course. You will receive:
- 30 days access to the British Cycling E-Learning platform
- 4 hours of directed learning
- One day of expert classroom and on the bike tuition including a practical assessment
It will take one day to complete the course, plus a half day of online learning plus the time it takes you to complete your first aid course
What will I need to bring?
You will need to bring everything that you would need for a 3 hour bike ride plus:
- A working, road safe bike
- A pen, paper or notebook
- Food, drink and snacks to fuel you for the day
- A change of clothing in case you get wet
- Wet weather gear in case of wet weather