This day-long event in Cheshire will take place on Sunday April 7th 2024 is ideal for Youth B*, Youth A and first year Junior riders and their parents.
Featuring race skills, introduction to feed zones and simulations of mechanicals and punctures, this is a day packed full of activities and drills that will be useful for a ride in the forthcoming road racing season.
Places are limited and are priced at £35 per person including a hot lunch and deposits are being taken now.
We will be joined by guests from the professional cycling community throughout the day who will provide insight into what it takes to be an elite cyclist.
Parents will have the opportunity to ride with the Manchester Cycling Academy coaches to discover more about us and our philosophy.
Riders will need to come prepared and ready for a demanding but, fun and entertaining event which will provide them with many essential skills that they will need for the season ahead.
We will split the riders into groups of ability so if you or your rider is relatively new to competitive cycling, then don’t be daunted. This event is not designed to simulate a competitive race and whilst it will be demanding, riders who are currently competing regionally will be able to participate.
Lunch will be provided for all riders and can also be pre-booked for parents.
* We ask that younger riders are proficient in bunch riding and have recent road riding experience on the public roads. Whilst this isn’t an elite event, we will not be coaching road safety skills, so riders are expected to be competent and safe on a public highway.
- 09.00 Arrivals, Sign on and Welcome. Free Tea and Coffee available.
- 09.30 Welcome to Manchester Cycling Academy
- 09.35 Road safety and incident management by Cheshire Police Cycling Safety Officer
- 10.00 Road Ride Briefing and Safety Check
- 09.30 Training Ride on the Cheshire Lanes
- 12.00 – 13.00 Lunch
- 13.00 Team time Trial and Road Race Tactic Training
- 15.00 Return to base
- 15.15 Departures