DiSE Assessor Coach
Manchester Cycling Academy is working with British Cycling and other cycling Academies throughout England to deliver the Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) and we are looking to grow our team of part-time Assessor Coaches.
DiSE, which is new to Cycling but is delivered extensively in other Olympic sports, is delivered via a series of online seminars and training camps during weekends and school holidays which will complement existing coaching programmes.
Ideally based in West Yorkshire or northern England, you will be qualified to at least British Cycling Level 2, have experience of competence based qualifications and ideally be, or willing to work towards, a British Cycling Level 3 award.
You’ll be a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, flexible in your approach, have a good understanding of the British Cycling performance pathway and a desire to help aspiring Olympians to be the best they can be.
Whilst the above skills are not mandatory, as training and qualifications will be provided, knowledge of them would be an advantage.
You’ll be self-employed working on a consultancy basis and will be invited to attend a range of training opportunities. Ideally you will already hold an assessor’s qualification, but if not the successful candidate will be assisted by Manchester Cycling Academy and ABC Sports Learning to complete a Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA).
With a clear action in plan in place to achieve CAVA you will be expected to support DiSE training Camps where appropriate and carry out assessments with individual athletes and groups as directed. All activities will be organised in consultation with the Course Director.
- Work with riders to develop Individual learning plans(ILP’s) to enhance performance and meet the criteria for the DiSE qualification
- Deliver blended learning activities to enhance performance and meet the criteria for the DiSE qualification
- Assess rider workbooks against the criteria for the DiSE qualification
- Attend training sessions or races to observe the rider and conduct or observe a professional discussion with athlete, coach and fellow athletes where appropriate
- Provide feedback to ensure the rider can continue to progress and develop
- Carry out regular reviews with the athletes to ensure their progress is monitored and identify any areas of support which are needed
- Set action plans with the coach/athlete for continued development and submission of evidence
- Attend trials or camps as required to observe athletes and carry out assessments
This list is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive, as there may be other reasonable duties and tasks which we may ask you to perform from time to time
- A current qualified British Cycling Level 2 Coach or working towards Level 3
- One of the following Assessor Qualifications: CAVA, ACWE, A1 or D32/33 (Desirable)
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (Desirable)
- A drive for inspiring others
- Be committed to safeguarding and protecting young people, clean sport and the prevent agenda
- Be committed to your own personal development and the young riders that we work with
A standard hourly/ day rate (plus travel expenses) will be paid for all activities irrespective of location or whether they are on weekdays, weekends or evenings.
Expenses will be paid with prior agreement
Successful candidates are expected to be self-employed and working on a consultancy basis. They will be responsible for making their own arrangements for payment of Tax and National Insurance contributions.
Manchester Cycling Academy and ABC Sports Learning Ltd are committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
For more information, or for an informal chat. Please call Stefan Hopewell on 07977 486236 or via the WhatsApp link on this page. To apply, please click here to go to Indeed and make your application.