The Level 2 Ride Leader Award qualifies leaders to deliver guided bike rides for groups of intermediate and advanced level adults, providing you with an understanding of the processes involved with a longer and more challenging ride.
The course covers group riding etiquette, advanced communication, group management on longer rides and over challenging and traffic free terrain, decision making and advanced risk management.
Our team of tutors and coaches are experts in their fields and have a wealth of knowledge and experience meaning that you will get expert tuition, coaching and guidance throughout your time with us.
What does the course include?
The course blends online learning with an assessed one-day course. You will receive:
- 30 days access to the British Cycling E-Learning platform
- 4 hours of directed learning
- One day of expert classroom and on the bike tuition including a practical assessment
- One Year’s FREE British Cycling Membership which gives you Ride Leader Insurance*
It will take one day to complete the course, plus a half day of online learning plus the time it takes you to complete your first aid course
What will I need to bring?
You will need to bring everything that you would need for a 3 hour bike ride plus:
- A working, road safe bike
- A pen, paper or notebook
- Food, drink and snacks to fuel you for the day
- Wet weather gear in case of wet weather
- A change of clothing in case you get wet