Road Ride Leader Level 1
The Ride Leader Level 1 Award is perfect for people who want to lead groups of riders out on the road. Whether you are a club rider who wants to begin to lead rides on Sunday mornings, School Teacher or Youth Worker, this course will develop your skills and knowledge to enable you to safely lead rides on roads and cycle paths up to 50 miles in length.
The course covers preparing for a ride, group management, risk management, route planning and British Cycling’s good practice guidelines.
Our team of tutors and coaches are experts in their fields and have a wealth of knowledge and experience meaning that you will get expert tuition, coaching and guidance throughout your time with us.
What does the course include?
The course blends online learning with an assessed one-day course. The course includes:
- 30 days access to the British Cycling E-Learning platform with 4 hours of directed learning
- One day of expert classroom and on the bike tuition including a practical assessment
It will take one day to complete the course, plus a half day of online learning plus the time it takes you to complete your first aid course.
What do I need to be able to register for this course?
- You will need to be at least 18 years old
- You must be a confident and competent recreational road rider
- You will need a valid and current Emergency First aid at work certificate, or equivalent
- You’ll need to have British Cycling Ride membership
Would You Like us to Run a Course for Your Club?
We have many years of experience of working with sports clubs in many different sports, from Netball to Rugby League to Cycling, we know how clubs work and what you need. So if you are looking to host a ride leader course to help your club rides to run smoother, then please do get in touch.
There are a whole host of things we can offer you in addition to the course itself including bulk discounts and club development advice.