Road Ride Leader Level 2
The Road Ride Leader Level 2 Award is perfect for people who want to lead groups of riders out on the road. This award will qualify ride leaders to lead rides in more remote environments and challenging terrain and over distances more than 50 miles.
The course covers group riding etiquette, advanced communication, group management on longer rides and over challenging and traffic free terrain, decision making and advanced risk management.
Our team of tutors and coaches are experts in their fields and have a wealth of knowledge and experience meaning that you will get expert tuition, coaching and guidance throughout your time with us.
What does the course include?
The Road Ride Leader Level 2 course blends online learning with an assessed one-day course. The course includes:
- 30 days access to the British Cycling E-Learning platform with 4 hours of directed learning
- One day of expert classroom and on the bike tuition including a practical assessment
It will take one day to complete the course, plus a half day of online learning plus the time it takes you to complete your first aid course.
What do I need to be able to register for this course?
- You will need to be at least 18 years old
- You must be a confident and competent road rider able to ride 40-50 miles at one time
- You’ll need a valid and current Emergency First aid at work certificate, or equivalent
- You’ll need to have British Cycling Ride membership
- You must be qualified in the Ride Leader Level 1 award
Would You Like us to Run a Course for Your Club?
We have many years of experience of working with sports clubs in many different sports, from Netball to Rugby League to Cycling, we know how clubs work and what you need. So if you are looking to host a ride leader course to help your club rides to run smoother, then please do get in touch.
There are a whole host of things we can offer you in addition to the course itself including bulk discounts and club development advice.